Saturday, August 7, 2010

Chapter 2: New Friend


Akira-kun! You’re here?! I really missed you!” I cried at his shoulder.

                Then suddenly, I heard my ring tone. I jump out of my bed. So that was a dream, Akira is really the one whose on my mind. But wait, someone calling? How come there’s someone calling? I looked at it, an unregistered number. Who is this? Because of curiosity, I answered it.

                “Hello? May I know who’s calling?” I said.

                “Hi, Medori-chan! I’m one of your classmate, my name is Aikori Konako.” She said.

                “How did you know my number?”

                “Uh. You’ve been very popular because Prince saved you. Uh! You’re so lucky! I got your number from the students directory. I hope we can be friends. Is it okay?” I’m so shocked. Someone wants to be friends with me? I don’t know what to say. So this is the feeling I never felt before. I’m so happy that I feel like crying.

                “Really?! Is that true? You want me to be your friend?” am I weird by saying this?

                “Yah. I really want to be your friend.”

                “Sure! I’m so happy to hear that.” I smiled and so happy for myself. At last! I have a friend. Then, we talked and hung up the phone. She said she really want to see me again. Then I looked at the clock, it’s already 10 PM. I didn’t expect that I’ll talk too much to her. Maybe, she can say that I am really a person called “first timer”, because I really don’t know this feeling, having a friend. Ah! So happy!

                Six o’clock at the morning, I wake up. I feel very happy and I feel that I’m on the top of the world. I’m so excited to go to school right now, because of Aikori-chan.

                “Mom! I’ll go now!” with a smile on my face.

                “Oh? Too early eh? It seems that you’re happy today.” My mom said, maybe she really noticed my happiness.

                “So happy! Because I now have a friend!”

                 “Eh really? I’m so happy for you Medori.”

                “Thank you Mom. I’ll go now.” Then I kissed her goodbye.

                I rode the bus, and I reached the University. I am really excited right now. I’m walking towards the entrance.. excited to see Aikori-chan. As I enter the hallway, so many students staring at me. As I expected, the issue from yesterday was not yet erased to their minds. I quickly entered my classroom. As usual, girls were surrounding Kanou, Iuchi is there beside Prince reading manga, while Prince is sleeping.. again. I can’t find any vacant seat cause there’s so many people covering me. Then, I suddenly heard someone calling my name. “Medori-chan!” oh. I really can’t recognize the voice, am I really hearing my name? And then a girl approach me.

                “Medori-chan! Medori-chan?! Hey..” I didn’t see her at the first place. So she keeps on calling me. “Hey. I’m Aikori. It’s so nice to see you!” she smiled at me. She’s Aikori? She’s really cute. And even so friendly.

                “Aikori? Oh. It’s so nice to meet you!” I greeted her. We talked as I sit beside her. And the class now start. After class..

                “Let’s go to the cafeteria.” She said. We walked to the cafeteria, we take a table. And then we saw Prince and Iuchi coming. I looked at them, and I also saw Aikori looked at them too.

                “Hey..” Iuchi said. Who is he saying it to? Maybe to Aikori. So I just ate my food, but Aikori is still looking at them, and Iuchi is still there beside our table. “Medori-chan?” he continued.

                “Uh?” I asked him. Why me? Aren’t they close?

                “Hello, Medori-chan! I am Iuchi. Remember?”

                “Yes. I remember, how can I forget.” I smiled.

                “Oh.” He smiled. “So, bye.” He sat on the table with Prince. I continue eating.

                “Ey. Medori-chan.” Aikori said.

                “Yes? Aikori-chan?” I asked her politely.

                “Oh, nothing.” She just smiled. What is she going to tell me? I don’t know. But I really want to know, but I’m really shy to Aikori. After recess, we went back to our room. The first person I saw was Kanou Riuka. He’s at the door, I wonder why?

                “Hey, Ms. Todou.” He said. I was shocked by that.

                “Excuse me?” I said.

                “I didn’t introduce myself yesterday to you properly. By the way, I am Kanou Riuka. One of the best students of Riuka High. I am also the son of the owner.” He smiled too big. Is he being friendly this time? Or he really want to tell the whole world?

                “Oh. Nice to meet you.” I told him politely again.

                “Sorry about yesterday, uh.” He laughed. “Ha-ha-ha. Are you hurt?” he laughed again. What is he trying say? Tsk.

                “About?”

                “My words? Ha-ha.” Oh. That what he wants. Tsk.

                “Kanou-kun. Please, can you sit down now?” Aikori said.

                “What? Ohh. So you’re her savior for the day. Oh, hey. Ms. Todou, you’re really lucky to have these kind of saviors. Ha-ha.” He’s really.. err. I just can’t defend myself. I don’t want to be involve in this kind of situation. And also, he’s the son of the chairman.

                “Hey! Kanou-kun!” as I looked back, it’s Iuchi and Prince.

                “Oh, here’s the Prince. Tsk.” I heard Kanou.

                “What are you doing?” Iuchi asked him. And I saw Aikori staring at him. I wonder what there is.

                “Oh, nothing. Ha-ha.” Kanou said.

                “Iuchi-kun. He’s bullying us.” Aikori said.

                “Kanou. Until now. You’re being childish. Uh. Excuse!” he passed by us. Iuchi snobbed Aikori. I think Aikori was shocked.

                “I’ll just go to my seat. Let’s go, Aiko-chan.” I told her. I saw Prince was behind us, then he sat down. And then our class start again. Dismissal..

                “Hey, Medori-chan. Do you want to go to our house today?” Aikori asked.

                “Um. Can tomorrow work?” I asked her, because mom doesn’t know yet.

                “Sure. So, goodbye, then?” she smiled to me.

                “Bye. Take care.” I told her. then we separated ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment